Saturday, November 10, 2007

Bengal RSP Minister decides to resign over Nandigram

In a jolt to the ruling Left Front, West Bengal PWD minister and RSP leader Kshiti Goswami on M decided not to continue in the Budhadeb Bhattacharjee cabinet and sought his party's permission to resign over continuing violence in Nandigram.

''I want to resign because I cannot accept what is happening in Nandigram. We have been deceived by the CPIM. One thing is being said, another thing is being done,'' Goswami told reporters here.

''According to out party rule, I have to tell my party that I want to resign and have sought our secretary's permission to do so,'' he said.

Asked what he would do if the RSP refused to accept his resignation, Goswami said, ''Let me see what the party does.''





Goswami said, ''I protested against violence which has been continuing for the last ten months and the government had received enough time to act, but the government was not sincere.''

http://www.deccanherald.com

No comments: